[Live-demo] "big" data sets on OSGeo Live

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Jan 11 10:17:39 PST 2013

How common are dual layer DVD players/burners? The might work for
production runs from a pro company but be almost impossible for a
regular user who manages to download the file.

Also, we have many users who already struggle with being able to
download 3.5 GB in a reasonable amount of time.

Keep the ideas coming though, we will have to make a decision about what
to do at some point. Personally, I still have the goal of getting
everything to debian style packaging, which means we can ship a smaller
selection and give people the ability to download more stuff if they
want to add on.

Thanks,
Alex

>>> http://live.osgeo.org