[Local-chapters] [OSGeo-Conf] Using the FOSS4G brand

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at metaspatial.net
Sat Nov 23 00:20:24 PST 2013

Gert-Jan,
thanks for pointing this out. From all that I know the German language
community is not aware / has not shown interest in investing into this
event. One reason might be that the scope of the conference is global
and location wise is is just barely touching the German speaking region.
So it does not really fit the bill for the FOSSGIS e.V..

As far as I know there has been no coordination of GWF from a global
OSGeo perspective. In the past years we were listed as "strategic
institutional partner" but nobody has picked this up for the next year.
This is not an automatic process. It requires that somebody contacts
Geospatial Media and goes through the formalities, develops a program,
and so on. It can be quite a bit of work.

Best regards,
Arnulf