[Mapbender-dev] loadwmc needs addWMS!?

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Mon May 15 15:09:44 EDT 2006

On Mon, May 15, 2006 17:55, Michael Schulz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in the module mb_listWMCs.php the action for load,merge,append uses the
> module addWMS to load the required targets, etc.. Is this intended?
> Because this adds a dependency to the loadwmc module that is not
> necessary, is it?
>
> At first glimpse, changing the e_id in the relevant SELECT-Statement to
> loadwmc and adding the needed gui_element attribute values (treeGDE,
> mapframe1 for target and loadData for requires) seems to work.
>
> It might be useful to be able to load saved wmcs, but not to be able to
> add arbitrary wms to a gui.
>
> Cheers, Michael

Hi,
the problem will grow a little more complex once we add Context Documents
to the OWS security proxy module as we ill have to rewrite the
Capabilities and getMap requests withdynamic urls that have been masked
with an md5 hash generated from the sessions-id. So development is still
open.

I do not quite understand your problem with adding arbitrary maps because
add wms is included in the GUI. Does it mean you want to reestrict the
user to be able to only load services that are included in the context
doc?

Best regards, Arnulf.