Mapbender 2.4 (was: version 2.2.3, 2.2.4, 2.3, 2.4)

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Sun May 28 06:15:44 EDT 2006

On Wed, May 24, 2006 08:37, Heuser, Bjoern wrote:
> Hello Arnulf,
>

> I agree with your suggestion to keep it simple, but it should depend on
> whether there are minor Bug fixes or new features included in the next
> release.
>
> But why should we skip the 2.3 Version?

We have now voted to bump up the version to 2.4 to avoid further
confusion. People are talking and mailing and discussing about 2.3 but
they mean 2.2.3. If we now release 2.3 it will probably confuse people
more. There have actually been quite a number of changes that will make
the 2.4 version last for some time.

> To avoid confusion I suggest publishing the milestones including the
> expected release number at the Mapbender Wiki.

This has already been done for the past two releases, maybe it should be
added on a more prominent place - go ahead and hack the Wiki if you have a
good idea.

Currently you can see the Coming Soon link on the Development page.
http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/Development
>From there you can link to:
http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/Coming_Soon
Where there is another link to Next Version:
http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/Next_Version

Maybe we should add a new Page called "Current Version"?

> Also we could announce the next Release directly at the Wiki start page.

The new release will be announced in the News-Section, but there could be
an additional tag right on the Front page "Current Version". When
Telascience is up we can then also add a link to the development version.

Arnulf.

> Greetings
>

> Björn

> Björn Heuser
>
> SAG Energieversorgungslösungen GmbH
>
> Center für GeoInformationsTechnologie, CeGIT
>
> Westfalendamm 100
>
> 44141 Dortmund
>
> M +49 173/677 19 11
>
> E-Mail: bjoern.heuser at sag.de