AW: [Mapbender-dev] Reminder: Code Conventions

Christoph Baudson christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Mon Jan 22 14:22:24 EST 2007

Hello devs,

> I am a little bit confused about the discussion on compressed JS Code.
> If I understand it correctly, this would mean there is a "source" or
> raw JS code following the conventions of the packing routine (with
> comments inline, correct semi-colons) that lives e.g. in the
> repository, but a released version would use the compressed JS  (or
> the JS is compressed on the fly). Is that the case?

This is not intended to be a standard way of distributing Mapbender, but
might be interesting for special applications where speed is essential
(and you may not be interested in changing the sources frequently). I was
thinking f.e. about the Mapbender installation at www.mapbender.org
(column on the right). It is just a basic demo and should load as fast as
possible. I guess that compression is an interesting idea worth keeping in
mind.

Cheers,