AW: [Mapbender-dev] workgroup GDE: treeGDE2 - multilanguage for thecontextmenue

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Tue May 8 08:49:41 EDT 2007

Hi,

I second the proposal from Melchior to use mapbender wide language
files. That should not  be too complicated for the php part, but for
the javascript part ?? At least a lot of mapbenders js already comes
through php. And tooltips?

What is currently the best approach with php to i18n? gettext (
http://php.net/gettext )? This would mean all relevant javascript
strings, would need to be translated by php. Is this reasonable? OTOH,
it would be very simple to add new languages just by translating the
messages files.

Cheers, Michael

Michael Schulz
mschulz at webgis.de