[Mapbender-dev] MS Windows certificated WMS (Typ PKCS .p12)

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Mon Nov 5 06:37:07 EST 2007

Hi Roland,

did you try using the owsproxy module from mapbender. It is primarily
designed to provide a security proxy functionality and should exactly
do what you want. The clients gets a url that points to your server,
the server proxies this request to the original wms url and sends the
image back to the client.

This is for the proxy part only. Now you have to tell apache to use
the required certificate. I am not sure how to do this or even if it
can be done, but i think it is easier than cascading the wms via
mapserver.

Cheers, Michael

2007/11/5, Roland Jehle <r.jehle at ceit.at>:

> Hi Mapbendee-Devs!
>

> I have a problem with a windows certificated WMS.
>
> Unfortunately the provider gives the WMS only with a MS windows certificate
> of type PKCS .p12 free.
>
> As I have a UNIX-machine with Apache on the server it is not so easy to make
> the WMS work.
>
> As far as I know Mapbender sends the getMap-Requests via Javascript only
> from the Client.
>
> Actually it seems that the getMap request should come from a server, which
> has this certificate working.
>
> To send it to every Client is not the thing I want to do.
>
> I'm testing to use Mapserver as Client for this WMS (connectiontype WMS)
> from a certificated server.
>
> May be someone has experience with this and a better solution!?
>

> Lg + thanx
>
> Roland

Michael Schulz
mschulz at webgis.de