[Mapbender-dev] summary: Mapbender IRC Meeting Nov 5, 2007

Christoph Baudson (WhereGroup) christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Tue Nov 6 05:55:41 EST 2007

This is a short summary of Monday's IRC meeting, see

http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/IRC_Meeting

log file: http://logs.qgis.org/mapbender/%23mapbender.2007-11-05.log

Please join our next meeting on Monday, Nov 12, 1700 UTC+1
(http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=11&day=12&year=2007&hour=17&min=0&sec=0&p1=37)

----------------

* terms of use

In a recent project we added "Terms of use" for services. Before a
service is loaded, the user has to accept the service's terms of use. We
discussed whether to include the functionality in the trunk. We agreed
that although it is more of a service's task, the orchestrator
(Mapbender) had to do it. As a lot of administration modules would have
to be changed, we deferred the inclusion of terms of use.

* Performance of telascience server

We agreed that access to the Telascience machine is slow (if you are not
in the US). Too slow for demos, but temporarily enough for
representation. Seven volunteered to talk to OSGeo SAC about possibly
improving the performance.

* [[Fossgis2008_Mapbender_Development_Sprint|Development sprint at
FOSSGIS 2008]]

Michael added a wiki site for a development sprint at FOSSGIS (Apr 1-3,
2008),
http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/Fossgis2008_Mapbender_Development_Sprint.
Please add yourself if you are interested. We still need to figure out a
date. Please discuss at the page's discussion section. Michael will also
contact the user and developer list.

Arnulf also mentioned the possibility to attend a Mapbender sprint in
Italy, see
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/European_GIS_Code_Sprint#MAPBENDER

* [[Tree_GDE_2_redesign|redesign of Tree GDE 2]

The topic was deferred, because the interested parties were not
attending the meeting. Deferred to next week.

If you are interested in joining (development or funding), take a look
at http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/Tree_GDE_2_redesign

* assign the copyright of Mapbender to OSGeo

Arnulf pointed out that it could make sense to assign the copyright of
Mapbender to OSGeo. The main argument is OSGeo's legal support.
Developers would have to sign a "contributor license agreement"
(additional information at
http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Individual_Contributor_License_Agreement_%28CLA%29
or http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Contributor_Agreement). !!All
developers should read these documents to understand what's going on!!
The Mapbender PSC will vote on this topic in the weeks to come. Arnulf
agreed to inform the Mapbender lists about this topic.

--
Where2B-Konferenz

W h e r e G r o u p GmbH & Co. KG

Christoph Baudson