[Mapbender-dev] development plans: TreeGDE 2.1

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup) astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Tue Oct 30 11:31:45 EDT 2007

Hi Marc,

Marc Jansen schrieb:
> Hi list,
>
> while working with the "newer" TreeGDE 2 (which is way better than the
> old tree-module) we noticed some smaller disadvantages.
>
> We therefore want to start working on a TreeGDE 2.1-module which is
> based on the current TreeGDE 2-module.
do you want to enhance the module. Would you like to create a new one? I
think it would be the best to integrate all in the current treegde2

Melchior is the Module maintainer. It will be the best to talk to him
about it.

> Please share your ideas and
> demands for a new version of the tree. As always no one guarantees
> desired functionality but sharing your thoughts might lead to a better
> realisation of the module.
Tere are already works going on concerning integration of group handling
in the treeGDE

> We want to change certain things (This are first ideas we are
> collecting):
>
>    * removal of tabular layout
>    * removal of invalid markup (id starting with numbers)
>    * better interactivity (defining custom callbacks?)
>    * AJAXify the tree ?
> Maybe we will have the ability to put some more functionality in the
> tree.  BTW: has the community agreed on putting jquery in the main frame?
You should ask Christoph about it.

> Feel free to share all your thoughts about this mild redesign on the
> list or within the wiki (I have not set up a page, I was unsure as to
> where this would fit best)
I think there is no need to setup a new wiki page. Use the discussion
page of http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/TreeGDE2

And put the enhancement list to the trac. So it won't get lost.

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapbender/newticket

I think the best way to discuss it is the IRC meeting on monday. It
would be nice if you could join and we will discuss the subject there.
Put the topic on the meeting aganeda and we will see.

http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/IRC_Meeting

Greetings astrid