[Mapbender-dev] development plans: TreeGDE 2.1

Christoph Baudson (WhereGroup) christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Wed Oct 31 04:54:01 EDT 2007

Hi Marc,

this sounds great.

I recommend setting up a work group for this, see
http://www.mapbender.org/index.php/Category:Workgroup. You might just
want to list the interested parties (sign me up) and link to the treeGDE
discussion page from there (unless you are planning a completely new
module).

We informally agreed upon using jQuery in the main frame. A formal
decision will follow soon.

Personally, I'm curious about the way you make use of jQuery. I have
never really used it a lot, and so my JS code always looks too
complicated when I interact with DOM.

I guess it will be very beneficial for the project. Thanks

Christoph

Marc Jansen schrieb:
> Hi list,
>
> while working with the "newer" TreeGDE 2 (which is way better than the
> old tree-module) we noticed some smaller disadvantages.
>
> We therefore want to start working on a TreeGDE 2.1-module which is
> based on the current TreeGDE 2-module. Please share your ideas and
> demands for a new version of the tree. As always no one guarantees
> desired functionality but sharing your thoughts might lead to a better
> realisation of the module.
>
> We want to change certain things (This are first ideas we are
> collecting):
>
>    * removal of tabular layout
>    * removal of invalid markup (id starting with numbers)
>    * better interactivity (defining custom callbacks?)
>    * AJAXify the tree ?
>
> Maybe we will have the ability to put some more functionality in the
> tree.  BTW: has the community agreed on putting jquery in the main frame?
>
> Feel free to share all your thoughts about this mild redesign on the
> list or within the wiki (I have not set up a page, I was unsure as to
> where this would fit best)
>
> Bye,
>
> Marc

***************************************