[Mapbender_dev] digitize modul: split functionality?

Christoph Baudson christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Tue Sep 28 04:04:17 EDT 2010

Hi Thomas,

are you on trunk? In trunk there is a new module that allows you to
digitize a geometry, and export it to GeoJSON, so you can use it for
other purposes.

There is no demo yet, but I think this does exactly what you want.

If interested, I can elaborate.

Christoph

Thomas Baschetti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in a project i'm using the digitize-modul to do some
> client-side digitizing, which works really good.
> Now i want to select and edit some existing geometries, but without
> saving them back. Something like:
> - select an existing area via click
> - perform some action on this area (change geometry)
> - use this area to select other features (e.g. residents in a district)
>
> my problem:
> - Mapbender wants an transactional WFS to do this (select via wfs)
> - i can set nonTransactionalEditable=true to select other wfs, but these
>   are (of course) handled as editable, with the buttons enabled
> - i only want client-side editing, with no buttons to write changes back (which would fail)
>
> Is this possible with the existing sourcecode, am i missing something?
> If not, perhaps we should seperate the funcionalities in the next mapbender-version
> into strictly client-side work (digitize) and server-side (saving, updating).
>
> Thomas

INTERGEO 2010
05.-07. Oktober 2010 in Köln
Halle 11.2, Stand 2C.121