Fwd: Re: [Mapbender_dev] Printing High Quality 288dpi Blank PDF

Armin Retterath armin.retterath at lvermgeo.rlp.de
Mon Jun 27 07:56:10 EDT 2011

Betreff: Re: [Mapbender_dev] Printing High Quality 288dpi Blank PDF
Datum: Montag 27 Juni 2011, 13:55:25
Von: Armin Retterath <armin.retterath at lvermgeo.rlp.de>
An: daveyclark <dclark at tayside-vjb.gov.uk>

hi dave,

maybe your wms server has a problem to serve so big images?
if you use mapserver you should increase the MAXSIZE parameter:
http://www.mapserver.org/mapfile/map.html
please check which requests will be done from your mapbender. this can be done
in classes/class_connector.php - change line 81 from
$e = new mb_notice('class_connector: load url: '.$url);
$e = new mb_exception('class_connector: load url: '.$url);
and look at the log file with maybe:
tail -f mapbender/log/mb_error_2011_06_27.log
you will see lines with the urls that mapbender request.
copy a line to your browser and test if the server gives back an image.

other information:
http://www.mapbender.org/Troubleshooting_printPDF

regards
armin

Am Montag 27 Juni 2011, 13:05:03 schrieben Sie:
> Hi
>
> I am having trouble with printing in 288dpi. Basically, my printing works
> fine when I print in 72dpi, but when I try to print in 288dpi, everything
> looks like its working, the "Download: Map as PDF..." appears, I click on
> it and then the PDF appears in the browser as it does for the 72dpi
> prints, but the PDF is blank this time.
>
> So I can't print with 288dpi, does anyone know why? I haven't done anything
> to set up 288dpi printing, so if there is anything that needs done, perhaps
> I need to do that.
>
> I have been researching this for a while so have tried other suggestions
> like increasing the values in my php.ini file. My php.ini values are below:
>
> max_execution_time = 60
> max_input_time =60
> memory_limit = 128M
> post_max_size = 128M