Mapbender version 2.2.3, 2.2.4, 2.3, 2.4

Arnulf Christl arnulf.christl at ccgis.de
Mon May 22 03:47:29 EDT 2006

Hello,
there has been some confusion lately regarding the next version. Regularly
this would be v 2.2.4. In the Wiki it now says 2.3 and users (se below)
already ask for 2.4.

With respect to the migration and graduation process into OSGeo, the
corresponding code cleaning, completely reworked OWS security proxy and
digitizing modules I suggest that we directly move to 2.4. This will also
help prevent people from confusing versions, I can already see us
explaining that 2.3 is a newer version than 2.2.4... Try to keep it
simple.

The next version is scheduled for June - from a promo point of view it
would be nice to have it out before Where 2.0 (June 10th) but I cannot
judge whether this will be possible. So please comment on this and keep in
mind that it might still be necessary to squeeze in some time regarding
OSGeo graduation.

This is the call for a vote for the 2.4 release by the 10th of June.

If you +1 this be prepared to put in some extra hours. Especially the
German language gui layout and the service metadata dump (caps) needs
extra attention because of the extended character encoding support.

In future we will have to manage versions and planning in the stable part
of the Mapbender site (https://mapbender.osgeo.org), the Wiki seems to be
no good for this.

Arnulf.

--