[Mapbender-users] php with Option "--with-mm" needed for mapbender use ?

Marc Jansen jansen.marc at gmx.de
Tue Apr 29 06:10:44 EDT 2008

Hello,

I hope I got your questions right:

ad 1) as far as I know, you don't have to compile PHP with "with-mm" to
run mapbender.
ad 2) there is no need for a shared memory allocation here in my
opinion. Session data might be stored on one secured server and services
might come from various other ressources.

So in short: a standard PHP-build should do the trick... good luck and
keep us updated,

Marc

Schönhammer, Herbert schrieb:

> Hi List,
>
> I don' get php5 running with configured option "--with-mm".
>
> I really don't understand the php5-docs:
> "Session support is enabled in PHP by default. If you would not like
> to build your PHP with session support, you should specify the
> --disable-session option to configure. To use shared memory allocation
> (mm) for session storage configure PHP --with-mm[=DIR] . "
>
> So my question:
>

> 1) Is this php-option "--with-mm" needed for use with mapbender ?
> 2) Perhaps, if a "secure"-server (https, ows-security-proxy, …) should
> be created ?
>

> Background:
> =========
> I must setup a new mapbender-Server. This Server must use SLES 10 and
> support mapbender, postgresql/postgis and oracle (via oci with
> mapserver and php5).
>
> I had some troubles configuring and compiling all needed stuff.
>
> I was not able to get SLES10-php5 working with Oracle-OCI.
> Using the oracle-Zend-stuff, Oracle was working well, but I was not
> able to get the needed "--with-mbstring" (or Zend_Translate) working.
>
> So I downloaded php 5.2.5 from _www.php.net_ <file://www.php.net> and
> compiled from scratch. But using --with-mm I get an error message when
> starting apache (no configue-error and no compiling error).
>
> MapBender 2.5rc1 seems to work without "--with-mm", postgres/postgis
> is working, oracle is working.
>
> I would be glad, if somebody could tell me, whether this option really
> is not needed for mapbender-use !
>
> greetings
>
> Herbert Schoenhammer

 Marc Jansen