[Mapbender-users] Problems with EPSG

Sandra Mink sanmink at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 16 11:57:48 EDT 2008

Hi list,

I'm using geoserver 1.6.4 and mapbender with a Postgis database to put my maps on the web as a part of a project. I'm really a newbie to all this. After having a lot of trouble I finally made it and I got to see my layers, but ... they appear to be a mirror image and distorted. I realized they are projected in EPSG 4326, although I defined EPSG 32761 in geoserver, where everything worked well. Also the scale doesn't seem to work.
When I change EPSG in the Mapbender GUI it returns an error. And I don't know how to add other EPSG in the dropdown list in the WMS GUI Settings Menu. I've tried to make some edits but haven't had luck!

I need to use EPSG: 32761: Universal Polar Stereographic because I'm working on a area near Antarctica.

I've seen on the posts that somebody else had similar problems. I would appreaciate every kind of help! Is there a way to solve this?

Many thanks!

Sandra