[Mapbender-users] Problems with EPSG

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup) astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Tue Jun 17 05:23:26 EDT 2008

Hello Sandra,

the problem is that GeoServer does not serve the BoundingBox-Tag in the
XML. GeoServer only offers the LatLonBoundingBox in 4326.

Here is an examle with UMN MapServer:
-----------
<Layer queryable="0" opaque="0" noSubsets="0">
  <Name>myRootLayer</Name>
  <Title>myRootLayer</Title>
  <SRS>epsg:31466</SRS>
  <SRS>epsg:31467</SRS>
  <SRS>epsg:4326</SRS>
  <LatLonBoundingBox minx="6.93635" miny="50.8018" maxx="7.01256"
maxy="50.8501" />
  <BoundingBox SRS="EPSG:31466" minx="2.566e+006" miny="5.62995e+006"
maxx="2.5713e+006" maxy="5.63525e+006" />
------

Mapbender can only start with the EPSG-Code, where Mapbender has a
corresponding BBOX.

If you want to add a BoundingBox and an EPSG to start your gui with this
EPSG, you have to add a new row in the Mapbender table layer_epsg.

Find out the layer_id of you root layer and add a new row for the
EPSG-Code you are interested in.

After that you should have the possiblity to choose this new EPSG from the
dropdown list in the WMS GUI Settings.

Greetings from Bonn

astrid

Astrid Emde