[Mapbender-users] Differences for reading Element Vars with different users ?

karsten vennemann karsten at terragis.net
Mon Oct 20 03:03:16 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I have a little strange behavior with different users and Element Vars that
I created for the treeGde element for a GUI (mapbender version 2.4.4).
I extended the tree gde behavior to have conflicting layers (i.e when a
layer is switched on all conflicting layers are switched off automatically).
I have an array of element vars that define the name of conflicting
layers...
That is working fine if I use the "root" user. However, if I log into the
application as a different (regular) user the value for the element var is
not defined (as I can check in firebug). So I think this must be some
internal user rights setting which I can't quite explain ...all tables in
pgsql belong to pgsql user...

Could anybody shed some light on this on what might be different internally
by MapBender retrieving a Element Vars value for the pgsql table if logged
in as different users ?
And how I can fix this to be able the values (stored in gui_element_vars)
for all users?

I'm absolutely stuck here and any hint is welcome...
Cheers
Karsten