[Mapbender-users] Problem with grouped layers and GetFeatureInfo

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup) astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Mon Feb 16 15:22:41 EST 2009

Hello Clemens,

Mapbender just has a look at the group itself which is not querable. The
layer which are part of the group have the information queryable="1".

There are two ways to get the feature info work:

1. enable
One solution could be to enable the treeGDE element var "handlesublayer"
to show the grouped layer in the tree aswell.
Have a look at http://www.mapbender.org/Handlesublayer
You can define the element var handlesublayer by the following sql:

INSERT INTO gui_element_vars(fkey_gui_id, fkey_e_id, var_name, var_value,
context, var_type) VALUES('gui', 'treeGDE', 'handlesublayer', 'false',
'handle grouped layers' ,'var');

Then the tree will show the layer of the group in the tree. And Mapbender
has the information that they are querable.

---
2. Manipulate the database entries in table layer and gui_layer
a) find out the layerid from the group (admin2_de WMS GUI Einstellungen)
b) go to table layer and set layer_queryable to 1 for the group
c) do the same for gui_layer.gui_layer_queryable and
gui_layer.gui_layer_querylayer (this change you can either in the table or
vie gui admin2_de WMS GUI Einstellungen)
d) open your gui and tray the feature info for your group

Good luck and best regards

astrid