[Mapbender-users] .TIF files as a basemap?

MeLv1n wAuRaN death_knight0911 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 19:13:09 EST 2009

hi all,

first of all i'm still a newbie and this is my first time using mapbender so i still need alot of advices from the experts. Ok, right now i'm building a simple web gis for my project but I only have 50 .TIF images as my map. My question is, is it possible to use .TIF files as a basemap or do i have to use a shapefile? If it is possible then, how can i merge all the 50 TIF files into a single TIF file so that will be easier to manage. Thanks for your help.

Forza Milan, MeLv1n NeStA