[Mapbender-users] Installing Mapbender from SVN-trunk, some general questions

Christoph Baudson (Wheregroup) christoph.baudson at wheregroup.com
Wed Jan 20 07:38:02 EST 2010

Marc Jansen schrieb:

>>>    * GUI 'gui1': Throws a JavaScript erro in instanciation and does not
>>>      finish loading: Firebug complains "$.widget is not a function
>>>      (3175 out of range 997)", the logfile:
>>>          o Notices more or less the same as above, but...
>>>          o "ERROR: Javascript not found: mod_addCSW.php"
>>
>> I assume, that jQuery UI is not included in the application. But I'm
>> a little confused, because I installed Mapbender yesterday and gui1
>> is working fine.
>
> which other information would you like to have in order to narrow down
> the problem? Did you install from a clean trunk or from some local
> copy of Mapbender? Did I miss any important steps in installing
> Mapbender?

Maybe remove the loadWMC / saveWMC modules. They are the only ones
relying on jQuery UI afaik. Maybe it's just a missing SQL in the update
file.

>>>    * GUI 'gui2': loads more or less, but no maps are visible, only the
>>>      other HTML elements, Firbug throws an error:
>>>      "$(savewmcHtml).dialog is not a function", and the logfile only
>>>      has some notices, no errors
>>
>> The same as gui1, missing jq_ui elements. I consider gui2 deprecated,
>> but there are other opinions.
>
> so that's missing files in trunk, right?

No, it's again a matter of missing SQL statements. But then again, I'm
not sure if we are going to keep this application in 2.7. Personally, I
think it's obsolete.

>>>    * GUI 'gui_digitize': loads fine and is usable (I did not test every
>>>      aspect, but it seems ok), no errors just notices in the logfile.
>>>
>>> Is there one step in installing Mapbender that I missed?
>>> Are the warnings/errors I see (at least partly) caused by the
>>> missing 'tools' folder?
>>
>> Tools folder is not in the http folder because there are some scripts
>> in there that can be exploited, like mapbender_setup.php (that's
>> information you don't want to share).
>
> I don't want the folder to be moved to the http-folder. I would simply
> suggest listing the fiolder in the file Install.txt, so one does
> export the folder when installing from trunk. Correct me if I am
> wrong, but the folder itself is needed in order to run setup.sh, isn't
> it?

The folder is part of the Mapbender directory, so it is present after a
checkout. It's on the same level as resources, http, and so on. The
tools folder contains a script for creating the mo-files for i18n.

Maybe check what part of Mapbender you checked out. What command did you
use?

Thanks

Christoph

> Bye and thanks,