[Mapbender-users] No maps shown when GUI is opened from outside Intranet

"Jäger, Frank (KRZ)" F.Jaeger at KRZ.DE
Thu Sep 15 07:35:17 EDT 2011

Hallo ALbert,
it seems to me, that the WMS (GetMap) is not rechable from the client (outside intranet).
But it's a miracle why the GetFeatureInfo works.

1.
Take a look into the datase:
Table "wms"
Columns "wms_getmap" and "wms_getfeatureinfo" shows the same adress?

2.
Use the Element "metadata" to see the Get-Map-Request.
Call it direct from the browser.

If WMS answers with XML (= Error) but not with .png or .jpeg, this is not visible in Mapbender.

Maybe: out of scale, out of maxsize,  ....

Frank

PS
The FireFox-Plugin "WMS Inspector" is usefull to see the WMS in the client without the element metadata