[Mapbender-users] mapbender internet explorer 8

Albert Polze A.Polze at mailbox.tu-berlin.de
Tue Sep 27 11:05:21 EDT 2011

mapbender 2.7.1; IE 8

Hello List,

I'm trying to solve one of my (many) Internet Explorer problems. It is the
highlighting of GUI-elements when using the help-button.

*At first* I thought it is be cause of the canvas-html-element (function
mod_help_draw() in mod_help.php) which draws the highlighting frame if I'm
correct. As far as my research goes IE versions < 9 don't support
canvas-html Elements.
I found a
http://explorercanvas.blogspot.com/2009/03/new-explorer-canvas-release.html
solution . I just have to add a javascript file somewhere in my directory
and add a line to my html document which uses the canvas . I have to add
this line into the head of the document. Since the GUIs uses mod_help.php
which uses the canvas-html I think this line of code should go here:
/mapbender/http/frames/index.php.
Well I didn't work although i think that I did everything the right way.

*Second:*
IE is not my standard browser maybe thats why I discovered the
"Kompatibilitäts-button" just at this moment. This button should present
websites which are designed for older browser versions in a better way. Now
the highlighting works even without the changing from above.

Now I'm totally confused. In my opinion IE 8 is the old thing not the
mapbender website which uses html5 elements (canvas) which should only work
with IE 9.

Can anybody enlighten me
Albert