[Mapbender-users] Load WMS issue

Armin Retterath armin.retterath at lvermgeo.rlp.de
Tue Jan 22 23:01:59 PST 2013

Hello Ramesh,

it seems to be a http connection problem. Do you work behind a proxy?
You have to define the proxy variables in the conf/mapbender.conf file.
I recommend to use the connection via curl library. It is very good in
most environments.
Do you use mapbender under windows or linux?
If you don't have a proxy test the following configuration:

define("CONNECTION", "curl");
#define("CONNECTION", "http");
#define("CONNECTION", "socket");
#define("CONNECTION_PROXY", "xxxx"); // ip
#define("CONNECTION_PORT", "xxxx"); // port
define("CONNECTION_PROXY", ""); // ip
define("CONNECTION_PORT", ""); // port
define("CONNECTION_USER", ""); // user
define("CONNECTION_PASSWORD", ""); // password
define("CONNECTION_USERAGENT", "Mapbender");

(libcurl and php5-curl is needed)

Regards
Armin

On 23.01.2013 07:38, Ramesh De Silva wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a problem in loading any WMS to Mapbender. When I try to load a
> WMS using a WMS Capabilities URL; nothing happens. It shows me the WMS
> Capabilities URL itself in the resulting screen.
>
> The WMS Capabilities URLs I used as follows
>
> *From Localhost:*
>
> http://localhost:8080/geoserver/GIC/wms?service=WMS&version=1.1.0&request=GetCapabilities
>
> *Then from other WMS sources
> *
>
> *Cadastre of spain*
>
> http://ovc.catastro.meh.es/Cartografia/WMS/ServidorWMS.aspx?VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetCapabilities&SERVICE=WMS
>
> *Bird Studies Canada*
>
> http://www.bsc-eoc.org/cgi-bin/bsc_ows.asp?VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetCapabilities&SERVICE=WMS
>

> <http://www.bsc-eoc.org/cgi-bin/bsc_ows.asp?VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetCapabilities&SERVICE=WMS>
>
> I am running Geoserver version 2.2.1 and Mapbender 2.7.3 in my
> machine. The default maps provided in Mapbender are working fine.
>
> Really appreciate any help to resolve this problem.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Best regards
> Ramesh

Zentrale Stelle Geodateninfrastruktur