[Mapbender-users] Change new WMS layers to default off

Astrid Emde (WhereGroup) astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Mon Nov 16 10:26:23 PST 2020

Hello Aaron,

the default behaviour in mapbender is that new layers ares turned on.
There is no way to change this at the moment.

But there are two things you could do:

1. Use Shared Instances
--------------------
With Mapbender 3.2 you have the new possibility to define Shared
Instances (see backend Datasource -> Shared Instance). Maybe this can
help you.

A Shared Instance is a WMS configuration that can be used in many
applications. If you make a change to the Shared Instance, the change
will be available in alle applications that use the Shared Instance.

2. GeoServer
----------
You could also define differnt Service in GeoServer and handle them
separately.

Hope that answer helps.

Have fun with Mapbender!

Best

Astrid

Am 2020-11-16 18:57, schrieb apeech at prairie-view.ca:
> Hello,
>
> I am using mapbender with my own geoserver WMS. I am creating many
> different applications with different active layers from the WMS.
>
> I've noticed that when I add new layers to geoserver (tiff files and
> vector files), and then update the WMS source in mapbender all of the
> new layers I've added to geoserver default to be turned on in the
> mapbender applications.
>
> This means if I have 20 applications, upload a new vector file to
> geoserver, refresh the WMS, I have to go through all 20 of the
> existing applications and toggle the layer off.
>
> Is there a way to make the default for all layers to be off, and to
> have to turn them on in mapbender?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Aaron

Astrid Emde