[mapguide-internals] Google Summer of Code?

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Feb 16 12:07:53 EST 2007

Hi Trevor,

I didn't realize that was part of what MS and Zend were working on.

I'm not especially happy with the behaviour of the FastCGI that is
currently distributed with MapGuide.  Often, under Apache or IIS, an
initial load after a reboot will fail.  Also, with IIS at least (haven't
seen this with Apache yet) there seems to be a problem with the way that
processes are killed / reactivated.

If it is under active development, then I agree that we should be taking
advantage of the level of abstraction that FastCGI offers, and also
using the most recent versions.

From: Trevor Wekel
Subject: RE: [mapguide-internals] Google Summer of Code?

Hi Jason,

Microsoft and Apache are actively working on FastCGI support.  We could
develop custom modules but since the web server vendors are moving to
support FastCGI, I think it makes sense to stay with FastCGI.  It may
also be worthwhile to see if there are any updated FastCGI client
libraries available.  The FastCGI libraries from fastcgi.com have not
been actively maintained for 3 years.  Here's a couple of links on
IIS/Apache support:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/proxy/mod_proxy_f
cgi.c?view=log

http://blogs.msdn.com/hsshin/archive/2007/01/17/fastcgi-for-iis.aspx