[mapguide-internals] Viewers and the Future of Web Layout

Trevor Wekel trevor.wekel at autodesk.com
Mon Feb 26 17:22:35 EST 2007

I agree with Bob.  If we can stick to a flexible, common, client
framework then moving from one programming environment to another is
much easier.  Enhancements and custom packages can be written for a
single common environment instead of writing them 3 times.

There is a risk of "lowest common denominator" technology hampering what
can be achieved with the client framework.  However, there is a large
body of web technology out there today.  I would be surprised if we
couldn't find something that would be a good fit for PHP, .Net, and
Java.  We also have SWIG available to add common API "helper" classes if
required.