[mapguide-internals] fdogdal, ECW, etc

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue May 22 10:07:54 EDT 2007

Tom Fukushima wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> You had mentioned in a previous email a long time ago that you had to
> change some of the build settings (to make GDAL load dynamically). Can
> you tell me what those changes were, or perhaps post the vcproj files
> that you used?

Tom,

I changed gdal.lib to gdal_i.lib in the fdogdal project files (for debug
and release versions).  This forces fdogdal to use the GDAL13.DLL instead
of statically linking stuff in.

I can't see why this should make any real difference.  I did it mainly
so I could more easily replace GDAL13.DLL with new debug builds and
stuff, but magically when I did this the plugin loading started working.
I don't know how meaningful this is.  But I would encourage it as a
general practice.

> Also, I notice that you only mention ECW below; does this mean that
> MrSID is working?

I never tried mrsid.   So, no, it does not mean that.

Best regards,