[mapguide-internals] MapStudio Open Source

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Sat Nov 17 19:14:45 EST 2007

Hi Kenneth,

You said no bug reports, so I'm keeping quiet :)

Couple feature suggestions:

 - Session maintenance:  currently, if the session expires the only way to reestablish seems to be to restart the application.  If the app gets a "session expired" exception it would be nice if it could automatically attempt to obtain a new one.
 - Connection management:  it would be nice to be able to connect to a different server without having to restart the app
 - Right-click functionality:  I'd love to see all of the New/Delete/Copy/Paste/etc functionality available in the context menu.  Buttons don't get along with me
 - I love that you can edit the XML files directly at any level.  It would also be nice to be able to edit the ResourceData (ConfigurationDocument) in place.

OK one weird one...  testing a data connection against an SDF file that had been loaded with a LoadProcedure threw an FDO exception:

  <Parameter>
    <Name>File</Name>
    <Value>%MG_DATA_FILE_PATH%bc_border.sdf</Value>
  </Parameter>