[mapguide-internals] MGOS Live CD

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 06:03:30 EDT 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 7:35 PM, Sylvain Pasche
<sylvain.pasche at camptocamp.com> wrote:
> Hi Zac,
>
> I would say it depends ;-)
>
> I see two possibilities.
>
> 1) The easy but ugly one: we build mapguid from the Unix instructions
> and create a single mapguide.rpm package with all the files that have
> been installed inside /usr/local/mapguideopensource/ (and init.d script
> files for starting the service).

I would love to see that script, how easy is it?

> 2) The more complex and clean solution:
> Create rpm files for each of the mapguide dependencies (or use the
> existing .rpm files for libraries already available in the
> distribution). I identified the following dependencies:

sounds like a great idea, it would also indirectly help building as it
seems people
are getting stuck with missing dependancies

FDO itself should be a rpm

> FDO (3.3.1):
>  Third party:
>    xerces-c 2.5.0
>    xalan-c 1.7.0
>    cppunit 1.9.0
>    sqlite 3.3.13
>    boost 1.34.0
>    curl 7.16.4
>    openssl 0.9.8e
>    gdal 1.4.3
>  Other:
>     TODO
> MapGuide (2.0.1):
>  APT:
>    apache 2.2.4
>    php 5.2.5
>    tomcat-connector (optional) 1.2.25
>  OEM:
>    ACE 5.4
>    DWFCORE 1.0
>    DWFTOOLKIT 7.1
>    DWFEMAP 1.0
>    GEOS 2.2.0
>    PHP 5.2.5
>    SWIGEx 1.0
>    BDBXML 2.3.10
>      Depends on:
>         Berkeley DB 4.5.20:
>         xquilla 1.0.1
>         xerces-c 2.7.0
>    CPPUNIT 1.9.14
>    IMake 1.0
>    GDAL 1.4.4
>    PROJ 4.5.0
>    ZLIB 1.2.3
>    LIBPNG 1.2.8
>    JPEG 6b
>    FREETYPE 2.1.10
>    GD 2.0.33
>    AGG 2.4
>    JSONcpp (version?)
>  Other:
>    TODO
>

> Sylvain
>
> Zac Spitzer wrote:
>> How hard would it be to produce rpm's for MGOS ?

Zac Spitzer -
http://zacster.blogspot.com (My Blog)
+61 405 847 168