[mapguide-internals] mapguide 1.2 gettingstarted french translation

François Van Der Biest francois.vanderbiest at camptocamp.com
Thu Jan 31 17:23:18 EST 2008

Hi Tom,

Thank's for your answer.
You're right, we're asking for a paragraph about MapStudio.

The francophone local chapter would also like to replace this paragraph :
---
Autodesk MapGuide(tm) Studio

MapGuide Studio is a commercial authoring tool for MapGuide Open Source
offered by Autodesk. MapGuide Studio handles all aspects of preparing maps
and geospatial data for use with MapGuide Open Source. Modeled after popular
web development tools, Studio provides a unified environment that enables
you to rapidly create spatial applications using an intuitive and familiar
interface. MapGuide Studio runs only on Microsoft Windows. More information
about MapGuide Studio and a downloadable trial version is available at:
www.autodesk.com/mapguidestudio.
---
... by this one :
---
Autodesk MapGuide(tm) Studio

Autodesk MapGuide Studio is a complete commercial authoring tool for
MapGuide Open Source offered by Autodesk.
More information about Autodesk MapGuide Studio and a downloadable trial
version is available at: www.autodesk.com/mapguidestudio.
---

... because it was seen as an advertisement for a commercial
product, and this is not supposed to be one of OSGeo's goals.

This ellipse is not something I am personaly in favor of, but
I'm just giving a voice to the majority's opinion.

Thank's again for your time,

F.