[mapguide-internals] Do we need Redirect for MapGuide WebExtension on Linux

Buddy Hu Buddy.Hu at autodesk.com
Wed Dec 2 05:45:37 EST 2009

Hi Guys,

I encounter a defect of MapGuide Enterprise on Linux, I think MapGuide Open Source should have the same issue.

When I preview a Basic Web Layout  in browser using Ajax Viewer(this is the URL: http://10.148.203.128:8008/mapguide2011/mapviewerajax/?...), there isn't nothing displayed in the map, while the toolbar and tasklist page display. I doubt we need a redirection for WebExtension with Apache+Jsp.
Because When I change the url to http://10.148.203.128:8008/mapguide2011/mapviewerjava/ajaxviewer.jsp?..., everything is ok, the map displays normally.
And another thing is, in the BuildConfigureMgOpenSourceOnWindows.pdf, we should add the following configuration for redirection in the httpd.conf like this:

Redirect /mapguide/mapviewerajax/
http://<HostName>:<Port>/mapguide/mapviewerjava/ajaxviewer.jsp
Redirect /mapguide/mapviewerdwf/
http://<HostName>:<Port>/mapguide/mapviewerjava/dwfviewer.jsp<http://%3cHostName%3e:%3cPort%3e/mapguide/mapviewerjava/dwfviewer.jsp>

However, in the BuildConfigureMgOpenSourceOnLinux<http://mapguide.osgeo.org/1.1/docs/BuildConfigureMgOpenSourceOnLinux/BuildConfigureMgOpenSourceOnLinux/Index.html>, I don't get this information for redirection. If I add a redirection in the //webserverextensions/apache2/conf/mapguide.conf, it works fine. But the weird thing is, the MapGuide Enterprise 2010 works fine even without this redirection. So I am not sure about this defect is a redirection issue.

I want to know, do we need a redirection for MG on Linux? Does anybody have experience of configure MG on Linux?

Thanks,
-Buddy Hu