[mapguide-internals] FW: [mapguide-users] MapGuide runs out of FDO connections under Fusion MGOS 2.1 Beta

GreenMapSanMiguel webmaster at SMAmap.com
Mon Jul 27 16:25:33 EDT 2009

Hi Jason,

I did try with the latest commits for ticket 229 and it didn't make a
difference.  I have tried altering every parameter related to connections
without having any luck.  MapGuide hangs whether or not SDF is in the pool.
If I assign a number of connections to SDF, the MapGuide server will hang
after half that number of setSelections.  Frequently checking for and timing
out idle connections doesn't help either.

The problem seems to be internal to MapGuide but I do basically the same
thing (select and zoom to features) in the AJAX version of my application
and it works fine.  The AJAX version uses different commands from Fusion to
accomplish this so perhaps it does have to do with the way the selections
are created.

What do I need to include in a test case?  I think anyone could reproduce
this by selecting and zooming to results from the search widget 100 times
with a default pool size of 200.

Thanks very much for your help!

Andy