[mapguide-internals] About the WiX installer
Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Fri Mar 6 10:11:34 EST 2009
If you look at the server custom action invocation (in the Installers/Mapguide/ dir I think), there is a condition there to change what happens on install/uninstall; should be able to use this to limit apache CA.
I wonder if WiX has an easy way of inserting a RunOnce as a CA to defer the server install until the reg key is set...
I think Kenneth was looking at IIS config. Should be able to rev-eng a clean IIS install using ?heat.exe?
----- Original Message -----
From: mapguide-internals-bounces at lists.osgeo.org <mapguide-internals-bounces at lists.osgeo.org>
To: mapguide-internals at lists.osgeo.org <mapguide-internals at lists.osgeo.org>
Sent: Fri Mar 06 07:01:11 2009
Subject: Re: [mapguide-internals] About the WiX installer
1. MENTOR_DICTIONARY_PATH is now set properly. Reboot is required to take
2. MapGuide service installs and runs (as a result), but it only starts
running after a reboot.
3. Added and customised the apache custom action supplied by Autodesk.
3.1. httpd.conf has all its templated values plugged in during installation.
3.2. php.ini has all its templated values plugged in during installation.
4. Apache service installs, but does not run (a problem with
1. Apache doesn't run (problem with mod_mgmapagent.so)
2. Apache custom actions also run when uninstalling.
1. IIS configuration. Will try to use what's supplied in Wix. Will only use
the Autodesk supplied ones as a last resort.
2. Custom UIs to change install properties.
Jackie Ng wrote:
> Hi All,
> I'm trying to grok the WiX installer files. When trying to build the wix
> installers, it is erroring out because it can't find a whole load of
> Given a checkout of the mapguide svn trunk, what do I need to do to ensure
> the wix installers build without problems?
> - Jackie
View this message in context: http://n2.nabble.com/About-the-WiX-installer-tp2339047p2436177.html
Sent from the MapGuide Internals mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
mapguide-internals mailing list
mapguide-internals at lists.osgeo.org
More information about the mapguide-internals