[mapguide-internals] Re: Managed MGOS API issues

Maksim Sestic max at geoinova.com
Mon Apr 12 03:21:06 EDT 2010

Hi Jackie,

I'm aware of that, but there's neither MapGuideDotNetApi.dll nor
MapGuideUnmanagedApi.dll shipped along AutoCAD Map. My copy of
MapGuideDotNetApi.dll loads OK - I've also inspected (net)loaded dlls via
Sysinternals' ProcessExplorer and everything seems in order. Still,
DllImport-ing of MapGuideUnmanagedApi out of MapGuideDotNetApi.dll is
failing - it can't find it. I presume that filename resolving mechanism
behind P/INVOKE is the same as for the managed assemblies (?)... and MSDN
won't give much answers, I did RTFM :-)

You may be right - maybe it's MGOS MapGuideUnmanagedApi.dll that references
Map's Geospatial Platform API libraries "unintentionally"... and throws
exceptions... although file versions of shared MgFoundation, MgGeometry,
MgMdfModel, MgMdfParser and MgPlatformBase (for MGOS 2.1 and Map 2009) are
different. I'll try renaming shared libs shipped with Map and see what
happens.

Regards,
Maksim Sestic