[mapguide-internals] Re: Managed MGOS API issues

Maksim Sestic max at geoinova.com
Tue Apr 13 05:31:07 EDT 2010

Hi Jackie, Crispin,

The exact referencing is lesser problem - I do this on MSI (installer) level
:-) as I've produced couple of handy MSM packages for each version of FDO,
GDAL, MGOS... used in a solution. Each of them get into the final Setup.exe
based on MSI feature flags (Jackie is closer to installers, I guess he'll
know what I'm referring to). I have a MSI package carrying multiple
releases, each release carrying different feature flags.

Of course, I had the same problem with FDO on Map/Civil - there's no way of
side-by-side execution (?) Well, at least that's what ADN guys suggested at
the end.

Jackie, I'll give a Gflags.exe a try - the issue here is to pinpoint exact
(referenced) dll which causes MapGuideUnmanagedApi.dll to crash. Yes, I did
try to change PATH environment variable, both with prepending and appending
my binaries path, and this didn't help either.

Crispin, if your solution worked with FDO + Map then similar thing should
work with MGOS + Map. Although I don't see how is it possible to differently
reference managed MGOS library since there's only one. Please drop in some
more hints about it if possible.

Regards,
Maksim Sestic