[mapguide-internals] Driving Web Tier unit tests from the command line

Trevor Wekel trevor_wekel at otxsystems.com
Wed Apr 14 22:43:01 EDT 2010

Hi Jackie,

"php runtests.php"

Take a look as pages 23 and 24 of http://mapguide.osgeo.org/sites/mapguide.osgeo.org/files/BuildingAndConfiguringMGOSOnWindows.pdf.

This information is a bit out of date but it might be close enough to be usable.  The web tier unit tests only cover portions of the PHP Web Extensions API and portions of the HTTP API.  They are certainly not exhaustive and they completely miss .Net and Java.

I have been thinking about doing a rewrite of the web tier unit tests to make them more easily maintainable.  The current system works but it is tricky to maintain.  A set of .Net/PHP/Java web pages with data supplied by backend xml documents would probably be a better fit for Subversion, more transparent, and easier to maintain.  Invocation of the web pages could be performing using Curl or maybe some form of combined unit test / load test harness.