[mapguide-internals] RE: [mapguide-users] Re: MrSid, ECW MGOS 2.1 and Maestro 2.0 RC 1

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Mon Feb 15 12:07:02 EST 2010

Unfortunately, ERDAS who now owns ERMapper has made it prohibitively
difficult to obtain these files.  The only way to get the SDK is by
individually requesting it from here:
http://www.erdas.com/Products/ERDASProductInformation/tabid/84/CurrentID/114
2/Default.aspx

We really can't expect each user who wants ECW and JPEG2000 support in MGOS
to go through this process.  The ideal solution would be for the files to be
redistributed with the GDAL FDO provider.

Andy Morsell, P.E.
President
Spatial Integrators, Inc.
47° 46' N 116° 49' W