[mapguide-internals] Re: [mapguide-users] Re: MrSid, ECW MGOS 2.1 and Maestro 2.0 RC 1

Jason Birch jason at jasonbirch.com
Mon Feb 15 22:32:50 EST 2010

On 15 February 2010 09:07, Andy Morsell wrote:

> We really can't expect each user who wants ECW and JPEG2000 support in MGOS
> to go through this process.  The ideal solution would be for the files to
> be
> redistributed with the GDAL FDO provider.

Ideal maybe, but IMO not going to happen with the current redistribution
requirements for the runtime.  If I recall correctly, these terms were
incompatible with our distribution methods and/or license.  I believe that
the MrSID terms were easier to deal with, but a bit fuzzy now.

Frank is probably more in touch with this stuff than I am...