[mapguide-internals] /branches root directory reserved only for MapGuide?

Jason Birch jason at jasonbirch.com
Mon May 3 18:52:36 EDT 2010

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

Although Maestro is linked to MapGuide, it is not a 1:1 relationship (unlike
Studio), and has potential to be even less linked over time.  Jackie has
plans of pulling full FDO Toolbox capabilities into Maestro, I wouldn't be
surprised to see support for GeoREST configuration / templating at some
point, and who knows... maybe someone will make it create MapServer config
files at some point :)  IMO, locking it into the MapGuide release cycle
constrains its potential.

And no, I don't really care about users getting confused about version
numbers; as long as backwards compatibility is retained they'll learn to
just grab the most recent Maestro.

Jason