[mapguide-internals] Re: When do we need tooltips in MapGuide?

andrewd andrew.demerchant at gemtec.ca
Wed Jul 6 13:11:00 EDT 2011

As a user who very often uses tooltips, I would hate to have to apply a patch
or edit files to allow them to be enabled, if that's what's being tossed
around. I also would need them on no matter what tool is selected, for my
purposes. I would make the suggestion that you let Maestro handle this - why
not add something to a map definition or weblayout/fusion app that lets you
enable/disable tooltips? Then you can use Maestro to configure things
(allowing all users to easily enable/disable), and you could set Maestro up
to disable them by default when making one of those types of objects (which
would accomplish the same goal that you're looking for).

Actually, as I'm writing, I've thought of another question - why should
"QueryMapFeatures" be called every time you move the cursor? Shouldn't it
only be called when your cursor has just been moved and is now still?
Tooltips don't appear until you hover anyway, so why would you need to query
the tooltip data while you're still moving the cursor?