[Mapguide-trac] [mapguide-trac] #2326: Maestro: Consider providing a way to "jump" the resource tree to the currently selected tab

MapGuide Open Source trac_mapguide at osgeo.org
Wed Jul 31 09:52:38 PDT 2013

#2326: Maestro: Consider providing a way to "jump" the resource tree to the
currently selected tab
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
   Reporter:  jasonbirch   |       Owner:  jng
       Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
  Component:  Maestro      |     Version:
   Severity:  trivial      |    Keywords:
External_id:               |
---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
 Recently, I was drilling down from a Map Definition, through the Layer
 Definition, to the Feature Source.  I then wanted to view dependencies for
 this Feature Source to see what else was using it and hit a bit of a wall.

 The navigation tree was still stuck on the original Map Definition, and
 the Resource ID for the Feature Source was only available in a tooltip
 when hovering over the tab.  The only way I could find to get to the
 Feature Source in the navigation window so that I could access the context
 menu actions (either Properties to view the References tab, or Compile
 Full Dependency List) was to screenshot the tooltip then manually browse
 to it.

 I'm not sure what the answer to this is, whether it's an option on the
 tab's context menu to "Jump to this Resource" or "Copy Resource ID", or a
 graphical element somewhere near the top of the editor to allow you to
 jump to the resource in the navigation tree, or maybe making more of the
 navigation tree context menu actions available from within the editor?

 Maybe I'm missing something?

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/2326>
MapGuide Open Source <http://mapguide.osgeo.org/>