[mapguide-users] postgresql connection with ogr/odbc

joanne cook j.cook at oxfordarch.co.uk
Mon Jun 26 03:54:24 EDT 2006

We are just starting out with postgresql really. As part of a longterm project to streamline and open up the provision of GIS at Oxford Archaeology we are evaluating the likelihood of using postgresql/postgis as the backend in those situations where esri would like us to pay lots of money for arcsde. Currently, courtesy of some nice people on the postgis list we have the beginnings of a working connector from arcgis to postgresql, and now with Traian's work, we have a connector from mapguide open source as well.

We are hoping to have a website up fairly soon where we will report on these efforts...

Jo

Joanne Cook BSc MLitt AIFA
Information Systems Coordinator
Oxford Archaeology North