Taskbar Authentication Issue in IE

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Sun Mar 12 00:40:03 EST 2006

I have a custom site using .NET that embeds an existing web layout in a
frameset.  The main index page is pretty much the same as the ASP.NET AJAX
viewer demo page from Autodesk.  The connection to the site and a session
are created programmatically in the page.  The only difference between the
demo app and my application in terms of setup is that mine does not
physically reside under the www folder and is instead located somewhere
else, but the virtual directory pathing in IIS puts it one level below
/mapguide.

However, when I open my site, the frameset and web layout open but the
standard MapGuide Open Source username and password dialog pops up.  At this
point, the entire window is built except for the task bar, leading me to
believe that this is what is causing the problem.  You can actually just say
OK or Cancel at the prompt and everything continues normally and the taskbar
builds and appears.  I dug around in the taskframe.aspx, taskbar.aspx,
taskbar.templ and taskframe.templ and suspect the problem is related to
browser detection and authentication.

This problem does not occur in Firefox and this exact setup worked fine in
MGOS 0.91.  Again, this problem does not occur with the dotnetviewersample
application.

To see this problem occur, go to
http://mapguide.spatialgis.com/mapguide/spokanemaps/ with Internet Explorer.

Thanks.