[mapguide-users] "There was an error loading the map"

Walt Welton-Lair walt.welton-lair at autodesk.com
Tue Mar 21 20:37:20 EST 2006

Yes, we've seen this problem recently.  The problem occurs if the DWF returned by the server has a lot of resources, and unfortunately there's no good workround for this.  You can reduce the number of resources by having fewer layers and by reducing the number of theme categories for those layers which are themed.

The good news is that the next version of DWF Viewer will have this fixed.  Also, the error itself is harmless (there's no data loss).  It's just annoying...

Walt