[mapguide-users] Botched Install on IIS 6

Andy Morsell amorsell at spatialgis.com
Fri Mar 31 15:13:45 EST 2006

Yes, I am working in a development / production environment.  The only way
to copy layers, maps and layouts is to completely replicate the repository
from one machine to another.  Stop the mapguide service, zip up the
repository, copy it to the other machine, stop it's service, unzip, restart
the service.

This is actually causing me problems as we speak.  I'm working on a new
install and config for a client on their server.  I'm finding authoring on
their box remotely to be a bit slow so would like to do it locally.  But, I
can't do this without completely replacing my repository with theirs and I
certainly do not want to copy my entire development repository to their
machine.  I suppose I could zip and move my current repository and then
create a new one for this project and swap out entire repositories as I need
to work on one project versus another........ Ouch.

I believe that Autodesk is working on a way that we can package only
portions of repositories and then load them into another server's
repository.  I hope we see this soon.

Andy

  _____