Selection Color w/ DWF Viewer??

Stephen Park stephen.park at westerncorrosion.com
Thu Nov 16 18:17:01 EST 2006

Hi,

Has anybody had success with changing the selection color in the DWF viewer?
I see several posts asking about this, but no successful resolution.  Is
this not supported??

If it can't be set in the client, is there any way to do it on the back end
(layer, map, or web layout attribute that I'm overlooking) ??

I have looked at the Autodesk sample code for editing the selection color in
JavaScript and got it to work ok with a static html page. I cannot get it to
work with the DWF viewer object that is generated by MGOS however. I've
tried extending the javascript that creates the DWFViewer object in the
"dwfmappane.templ" & "initdwfctrl.js" files without success. For some
reason, attempting to write  to the DWFViewer.Viewer.ObjectSelectedColor
property gives an "Object doesn't support this property or method"
exception. I've tried just about every other combination of properties I can
find from the 6.x and 7.x DWF API documentation with no success.

Here's some more background from an Autodesk thread:

http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?threadID=520707

Any Help ?