[mapguide-users] Generating tiles for google maps

George McLean gmclean at gorge.net
Wed Dec 19 14:57:05 EST 2007

I was thinking you could create a layer that was your bounding box and
then add your map to a weblayout. Open the web layout in a browser and
as you zoom in to the corners of your bounding box the tiles will get
created under the TileCache directory (at least in windows). There may
be a better way to do this but that is how I have created tiles for
regions within a larger map.

Thanks for the Chris Savage link. I read it a few weeks ago but now that
I have been working on this it was helpful to re-read.

George