[mapguide-users] FW: Problems while labeling polylines

Traian Stanev traian.stanev at autodesk.com
Sat Dec 29 01:13:26 EST 2007

Comparing to Google Maps... Google Maps scales font size very significantly as well. For example, look at "Armory Drive" here:

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&hl=en&q=10+market+st,+san+francisco&f=q&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=23.875,57.630033&ll=37.729075,-122.501915&spn=0.003407,0.006689&z=18&om=1

About the upside down labels -- yes they do happen sometimes. One thing that may cause them is in case a street doubles up on itself (like a circular street). Consider taking some screenshots (or other helpful information) and creating a ticket in Trac so that we can track this issue and perhaps fix it in the future. The algorithm MapGuide uses for labeling streets is not the same as Google's -- in the case of MapGuide the algorithm was targeted at real time map generation, so it cannot spend too much time finding optimal label placement.

Traian