[mapguide-users] mgserver at 100% CPU when configuring Oracle Spatial layer

Charly Lebrun charly.lebrun at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 07:08:42 EST 2007

Dear all,

I'm currently setting a Topobase Web 2007 sp1 server (i.e. MapGuide
Entreprise 2007 v1.0.0.17804 + TB Web extension) on a Windows 2003 Srv
Standard Edition (with SP1 and latest MS patches as well). I'm using an
Oracle 10g r2 Spatial data set running on another computer.

I'm facing preformances issues with Oracle Spatial provider : when
setting up the data layer, the "mgserver.exe" process eats all the CPU
during several minutes before displaying the list of tables containing
spatial data. And once the layer is set up, all access to the map are
the same : verrrrryyyy ssslllowww with CPU up to 100%...

Anyone faced this before ? Any hints appreciated...

Thanks in advance,

Charly