[mapguide-users] Print Layout and Resources

Scott Hameister ScottH at mPower-tech.com
Tue Feb 27 17:59:41 EST 2007

If I want to create a wizard that lets people make their own layouts for the
mappingService to do a GeneratePlot.I have the theory down but can't seem to
figure this out.

Example:

I'd have a blank XML Print Layout in a directory..

They would answer some Questions about Legend, North Arrow etc, and I would
change the XML file

They would browse an image folder for a logo etc,

I would load the XML file as a resource

Load the Image as a resource (Somehow)

And then call them up using the API

Is there a way to take a jpg image and loaded it into a resource that could
be used like the call to the Symbol library or to point an exernal file
instead

i.e                     <Logo>

                                    <Position>

                                                <Left>1.5</Left>

                                                <Bottom>8.5</Bottom>

                                                <Units>inches</Units>

                                    </Position>

<ResourceId>Library://FolderName/MySymbolLibrary.SymbolLibrary</ResourceId>

And How do I take an XML file and convert it into a Print Layout that I can
call with the API????